This tutorial pretends to teach you how to make your own mask in a quick and easy way. In this case and this particular model allows you to create a mask with some stitches, a piece of cloth of 35 x 20 centimeters and two elastic bands like the ones in folders. With a few folds and a basic stitching on a single piece you will have a nice mask. We have chosen this model because it is simple to reproduce, but at the same time aesthetic. In addition, its shape is comfortable.
- Cut a cotton fabric of 20x35 cm
- Fold the fabric in half and sew four centimeters on each side of the vertical edges (on the side by which the half is open)
- Fold the fabric a few centimeters inward at the top, and a few centimeters outward at the bottom.
- Make a small fold on top and iron
- Take two pieces of rubber and place them inside our sewn fabric, fixing them with clothes pegs
- Sew the ends so that the rubber band is fastened
- Turn the fabric inside out (we get the shape of the mask with the rubber bands on the outside. It should be seen that there is a kind of pocket left on the top
- Turn the stitched piece to put it upside down and make 3 folds with the hands of approximately 1.5 cm on the center (we will replicate the shapes of surgical masks)
- Iron to fix the shape
- Resew the ends to make the folds permanent
You now have an easy and washable mask. In addition, the fold shapes forms a filter that reproduces the shape of surgical masks.